DeLush Roundtable

Your "THANK YOU!" Product

leaves.jpgWhat product has truly changed your beauty regimen? Is there something that you're simply DYING to share with other DeLush readers? Today we want to know what that product is...the one that you can't imagine living without. So come on, tell us. What beauty product are YOU most thankful for?

November 21, 2005 6:13 AM | | Comments (20)|Share/Save/Bookmark
Posted In Reader Roundtables

Comments

Bria said:

This is a product thankfulness with two parts. First, I was overjoyed this summer to discover and try the Kerastase line for dry, frizzy hair. Incredible stuff--Bain Oleo-Relax Smoothing Shampoo, Oleo-Relax Smoothing Masque, Oleo-Relax Smoothing Controlling Care, and Lait Nutri-Sculpt Smoothing Hair Foundation (I mixed the last two and put on towel-dried hair). Awesome results...made my hair so shiny and luxurious that I started getting compliments on it daily.

But, and it's a big but, the stuff is ungodly expensive. I found it all during the summer when I was making great money, but once I got back to school (law--thus the fat summers and slim semesters, cash-wise), I decided I really couldn't afford to replace it all once I ran out. Since I knew Kerastase is the high-end line from L'Oreal, I thought it might be worth seeing if L'Oreal made something similar for their drugstore line. AND THEY DO!

I am now pleased as punch to use the L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense Line...everything is under $5 each, and works the same if not better than Kerastase did. Love. LOVE!

November 21, 2005 9:34 AM
Itchy said:

I was never one of those girls that really thought the shampoo you used would make that much of a difference in our hair...but now I am convinced.

My entire life I've used cheap shampoo from the WalMarts and Targets of the world and been fairly happy with the way my hair looks - except for the fact I shed more than a Golden Retriever!

I changed to Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner late this summer and I have noticed a drastic change in the amount of hair I shed. Plus my hair seems to be less tangly and a little less limp, too. So it's all good all the way around. I am now one of the believers of good hair care products...

November 21, 2005 9:52 AM
Lisa said:

I can't get away with saying ANY PRODUCT from the Little Shop of Beauty, can I? ;)

Seriously, I would have to say their Sweet Bliss Butter Creme. The stuff has become a staple in my house. Rich, creamy and so very decadent. Smells wonderfully sweet...but not in that sickening kind of way. Absorbs into my skin so easily, makes my elbows oh-so-soft and keeps my feet from drying out. The scent seems to last forever. It's not sticky or liquidy and goes on perfectly. Definately a must-have!

November 21, 2005 10:35 AM
Steph said:

My "THANK YOU!" Products would definitely be my RUSK shampoo and conditioner. I have dandruff (dry flakes, not the oily kind) and have tried numerous dandruff shampoos and treatments, but nothing compares to RUSK. I use the RUSK Sensories Purify (cucurbita & tea tree oil deep cleansing shampoo) with the RUSK Sensories Calm (guarana & ginger 60 second hair revive) and it has completely changed my hair. I no longer have any dandruff and my hair looks wonderful and healthy. If you or anyone you know have dandruff problems, please try these products!

Just a Tip: If you have dandruff, make sure to lather and rinse your hair twice with the shampoo

November 21, 2005 11:06 AM
Jamie said:

I cannot sing enough praises about Benefit's "Touch Me Then Try to Leave" Body Cream. I have thrown away all my perfume (except for coordinating "Maybe Baby") because the lotion adds a fabulous, light scent! It also adds substantial moisture without being heavy or greasy. I never have to apply twice, and my skin is smooth and soft without fail.

I refuse to go a day without it...

November 21, 2005 11:34 AM
Lisa L. said:

My Laboratoire Remede eye cream. I am allergic to every other eye cream I've ever tried. They all ended up puffing my eyes up . This one brightens, deflates and moisturizes the crepey skin. Love it! It's about $100 but it last for about a year, when applied twice daily. That's how long I've been using it, and I'm almost out. I will happily buy more! This is way better than the equally expensive La Mer stuff.

November 21, 2005 12:50 PM
Rachael said:

Farouk Biosilk Silk Therapy is my hair miracle. Great as a leave in conditioner, style finisher,and you can just rub the excess into your skin!

November 21, 2005 1:08 PM
Meg said:

Ooooh!

Carmex Lip Balm
Smith's Rosebud Salve
Caudalie Spray Elixir for Face
Bliss Lemon Soap
L'Occitane Shea Butter
Bumble and Bumble Hairspray

November 21, 2005 1:54 PM
Bria said:

Rachel--did you know that the Sally Beauty Supply Generic line has a version of Farouk's Biosilk that's indistinguishable from the original? Super cheap, too (god, when did I become the champion of all things knocked off?)

November 21, 2005 3:09 PM
Maria said:

I love C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Balm and Lip Tint. Can't live without this stuff! It is A. Maz. Ing.

Also, in love with Philosophy's Make-Up Optional skin care kit from Sephora. You get all the full size "Hope" products for only $60. I now have my best skin ever! People ask me what I use all the time!

November 21, 2005 6:07 PM
April said:

I am new to DHC products, and one thing I can't live without is DHC's Mild Soap (for face). I have super-sensitive skin that easily breaks out and gives me all kinds of problems. I've tried many different (expensive!) kinds of facial cleansers, but the DHC mild soap has been the best. It's gentle, rinses clean without stripping your skin, and is oh-so-affordable. It contains olive oil and honey, to help retain moisture. The amount of irritation and breakouts on my face has reduced dramatically.

A large bar of the mild soap is $14, at dhccare.com. And, the best part--you get 4 free samples of your choice with any purchase at DHC. Actually, the BESTEST part is the 10% discount for returning customers.

I swear I don't work for DHC... ;)

Thanks, DeLush!

November 21, 2005 7:03 PM
Hilary said:

One thing that's really changed my beauty regimen is buying a decent set of makeup brushes:
- e.l.f. professional 9 piece master set ($15 with brush case - not the best available but can't beat it for the price and they aren't crappy by any means)
- Nars makeup smudgebrush ($24 a bit expensive but worth it)
- Paula Dorf brush cleaner (if you're going to make an investment, you need to take care of it)

November 22, 2005 1:19 AM
Wendy said:

The product that I can't live without is Paul Mitchell's Taming Spray. Yes, it's a kids product, but it is wonderful. My friend works in a salon and told me about it. It makes me hair super managable and shiny. I use it for my daughter and I use it for myself.

November 22, 2005 10:10 AM
Badger said:

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. It's the one beauty product I would take with me to a desert island.

November 22, 2005 12:37 PM
Boudica, baby said:

*solid coconut oil: perfect for my oily skin although no one can quite believe it!

*Nails Inc nailpolish in 'Glasgow': THE perfect shade, a pearly white-ish colour which builds up without cloying.

*Margaret Astor Magic Eyes mascara: a damn good product, end of.

*Ultima II moisturising foundation in Sand Beige: I only notice how good it is when I use something else. Never cakes and gives a illuminated look to your skin.

*Neals Yard Rose Skin Oil: for when the weather changes and my face becomes taut, red and dry. Its luxurious and makes me feel fucking fabulous

xxB

November 22, 2005 2:08 PM
Sara said:

Kerastase Expanseur Extra-Corps Fortifying Care! It is so unbelievably fantastic-- I never believed that there was a difference between drugstore products and high end, at least not enough to warrant the expense (and with some, there isn't), but this stuff blew me away! Like the other Kerastase lover I am a poor law student, so the steep price ($35 for a little over 3 oz.) is kind of off-putting, but I still buy it. I have thin, fine hair and this is the first product I have ever used that gives me consistently good hair days. Believe me, I have used a lot of volumizing products. This is THE BEST.

November 22, 2005 9:29 PM
erin said:

milk thistle face cleanser from bath & body works. the skin on my face is very sensitive and this product is fantastic for dry skin. when they discontinue it, i will boycott the store until they bring it back!

November 23, 2005 3:26 AM
Rachel B. said:

This Thanksgiving i'm thankful for Paula's Choice products. Especially the face cleanser and the 2% BHA face lotion. love you paula! check it out at http://www.cosmeticcop.com

November 23, 2005 10:56 AM
Dana said:

Clinique Three Step Skincare (Mild Soap, Clarifying #3, and Dramatically Different), plus Clinique 7 Day Scrub every morning and Total Turnaround every night. I've used it for 4 years, since high school, and I get compliments on my skin all the time. I love that it's fragrance free and hypo-allergenic.

November 24, 2005 11:22 PM
Peyton said:

Tops on my list is my T3 Tourmaline Hair Dryer, which truly saves me time in the mornings and my hair looks better than ever. It's worth every penny!

Next is Blinc's Kiss Me mascara (which I discovered thanks to your site!) Love, love, love it. It really doesn't budge, saving me time during the day cleaning up mascara smears.

Finally, I use Chanel blush, which always goes on perfectly, and I don't have to worry about it during the day. The one I'm currently using most is a limited edition from two seasons ago, so I don't think I can buy another one (gah!) but I will definitely still with Chanel.

November 30, 2005 12:43 PM